SilverStripe is an award-winning, open source web development company with our main office based at Courtenay Place, Wellington. We are one of the market leaders in New Zealand, and take pride in the software we have created for the worldwide community.
We currently have no roles open for our Wellington office but are always on the lookout for talented people. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for two PHP developers, one senior and one intermediate level, to work on a full-time basis for an exciting project with one of our country’s biggest primary industry organisations in Auckland. Initially, the project is expected to be a 6-month contract, onsite with the client, to help mentor and shape their own development team in the ways of SilverStripe, while also being key contributors to the project.
You'll be working on leading-edge development with our open source SilverStripe CMS & Framework, so you will need to have a solid understanding of SilverStripe development and Best Practices. We're looking for excellent PHP developers willing to dive into SQL, Bash and other programming languages with diligence and eagerness. Ideally, you will also have TDD and strong OO design skills. We want someone who will thrive in a fast-paced environment, working close with our clients and colleagues to create fresh web goodness.
Here are the specifics of what we're after:
- 5+ years PHP development experience. Back-end experience would be very useful. By "back-end" we specifically mean database and middle (business logic) layer. Included in your PHP experience you will need to have professional experience with PHPs object-orientation
- Development experience in SilverStripe CMS
- Experience in design and implementation of system architectures
- Ability and willingness to work with clients and help them deliver a world class system
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to deliver quality code within tight deadlines
- Be able to represent SilverStripe Ltd as a subject matter expert in SilverStripe development
If you meet or exceed the above mandatory requirements, we'd love to hear from you. Send your CV to email@example.com.