SilverStripe is an award-winning, open source web development company with our main office based at Courtenay Place, Wellington. We are one of the market leaders in New Zealand, and take pride in the software we have created for the worldwide community.
Our team has been kicking ass in delivering sweet websites for our clients, so much so, that we require a dedicated team to carry on the awesomeness well after the project has ended.
As Support Coordinator, “all over it” is your motto when it comes to providing rewarding client support, creating continuous improvements to old work that is so last year, and building the foundation for new work with existing clients.
You’ll be able to demonstrate both your leadership and techno-functional skills (not the music genre), which you know is fundamental in being successful in this role.
Exactly what is involved you ask?
- First port of call for support clients
- Manage and maintain the SilverStripe Helpdesk function
- Communicating on a per-request basis with existing and new clients
- Liaise, estimate and scope work with clients and delivery teams
- Liaise larger support work with SilverStripe partners
- Manage, prioritise and groom backlog of work with the overall objective to meet clients’ needs
- Administer and report on progress to clients and management
- Implement and coordinate enhancements on various SilverStripe projects with the support of Scrum teams as required
- Code deployments to production environments and seeking constant improvements of existing websites on an ad-hoc basis
If you have any experience in Agile methodologies, using Kanban boards, user stories and Product & Sprint Backlogs, you can be certain that this will be a sure-fire way of getting your application to the top of the list!
And if you can add some good experience with SilverStripe CMS and core modules from an end-user’s perspective, as well as experience in deployment of SilverStripe or web projects - you’re most likely exactly who we are looking for, and we want you NOW!
Even if you don’t have EVERYTHING that we’re asking, but you know that you’re a top dog and this sounds like a better day job than what you’re doing right now, send your CV to moc.epirtsrevlis@sreerac. Nice one.
Wellington & Auckland
We are looking for some awesome PHP developers to bring the BOOM BOOM POW to a number of exciting projects for some of our country’s biggest organisations in both Wellington and Auckland.
These projects will require you to work onsite with the client, so we’re looking for those ‘Top Dogs’ who can help mentor and shape the client’s own development team in the ways of SilverStripe, while also being key contributors to the project.
As well as being an amazeballs SilverStripe and PHP developer, you’ll be fearless at diving into other programming languages, SQL and Linux with diligence and eagerness. If you also have experience with Test-Driven Development and strong object-oriented design skills, then that would be rad!
You'll be working on leading-edge development with our open source SilverStripe CMS & Framework, so a solid understanding of SilverStripe development and best practices will be fundamental to kicking ass in this role.
We want people who will thrive in a fast-paced environment, working closely with clients and the SilverStripe mothership to help create sweet web goodness.
We’re looking for those who have:
- The ability and willingness to work with clients and help them deliver a world class system
- Exceptional communication skills
- At least 5 years PHP development experience. Back-end experience would be very useful. By "back-end" we mean database and middle (business logic) layer
- Development experience in SilverStripe CMS
- Experience in design and implementation of system architectures
- The ability to deliver quality code within tight deadlines
- Can represent SilverStripe as a subject matter expert in SilverStripe development
If you're keen to show us just how awesome your skills are, and this sounds like something you would like to do, send us your CV to moc.epirtsrevlis@sreerac. Choice!