Are you a dedicated and passionate Platform Engineer looking for your next challenge? If you get excited about innovation as much as we do, then we have an awesome opportunity for you to join a great New Zealand brand and really take your career to the next level. Live outside of Wellington? Not a problem, we have other remote team members and actively support a remote-inclusive culture.
At Silverstripe, we create compelling experiences for people online using creativity, collaboration, and innovation. Making the complex simple in the digital world doesn’t just involve tech—it involves teams filled with determined people working to improve the lives of those around them.
The Platform Engineering team is responsible for ensuring Silverstripe’s Platform is market leading for the Silverstripe CMS. This includes working with AWS and other vendors to enable and create new features as defined by the platform roadmap. The Platform Engineer is responsible for driving engineering excellence through working collaboratively within a wide range of the business and technical stakeholders.
What will I be doing?
- Contributing to overall platform direction with technical proposals and actionable advice
- Ensuring solutions produced by the team satisfy requirements and fit the broader product architecture
- Creating and upholding standards of software craftsmanship: define quality expectations and consistently deliver to those standards
- Working with the CMS Squad to enable new CMS Features on the AWS environment
- Working with the Security Operations team to model threats and their mitigation
- Collaborating with development squads and agencies to understand how features can be best used as part of their solutions.
We’re looking for people who are:
- Passionate about software engineering and architecture
- Motivated and skilled to deliver effective technical leadership for conflict resolution and building consensus
- Excellent communicators with admirable documentation skills
- Self-directed with the ability to troubleshoot complex issues and break them into logical parts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
What will I need to be successful?
- AWS qualifications
- Previous experience developing multi-tiered software solutions or complex web applications
- Exposure to data science, machine learning, ITIL and agile project methodologies (desirable).
At Silverstripe we're passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Our DEI Employee Led Network (‘All Stripes’) work together to improve current practices to ensure our people feel valued and included.
Our culture sets us apart — it’s a key reason that brings people to Silverstripe and keeps them here. Having fully stocked drinks and food cabinets encourage our Silverstripers to kōrero (talk) over kai (food) and kawhe (coffee)! You will get the chance to discover how great our people (and chat!) are through our regular lunch and learns. Oh did we mention Innovation week? Well, that’s something you do not want to miss out on!
All applications must be submitted through the Silverstripe website or by visiting silverstripe.workable.com