Content Editor Training
SilverStripe provides training for Content Editors using the New Zealand Government Common Web Platform.
If you seek training for a website that has been modified from the standard CWP install, or seek training for a SilverStripe CMS website not running on the platform, please get in touch to discuss options.
|Dates||Please email to arrange a date which suits you.|
|Cost||Content Editors: $200+GST per person
Content Administrators: $300+GST per person
|Venue||SilverStripe (Level 5, 97-99 Courtenay Place, Wellington)|
SilverStripe’s Content Editor training is a 2 or 3 hour activity, designed to give non-technical communications and business staff the general skills to effectively use the SilverStripe Content Management System (CMS) for publishing agency websites. This includes learning how to:
Content Editor Tasks (2 hours):
- Add and move pages
- Manage the sitemap
- Edit pages, with various text and heading styles, links, images, tables, and videos
- Publish pages, or requesting approval for publishing pages, if your access is limited
- Preview content prior to publishing
- Automatically publishing and removing content on a schedule
- Review or restore earlier versions of a page
- Create online forms
- Uploading content from Microsoft Word
- Publishing content in other languages
- Reuse content on your site
- Make use of the various built-in page templates and page types provided by the system
Additional training provided for Content Administrators (further hour):
- General guidance on the administrator role
- Setting up users and privileges
- Securing pages
- Managing site-wide settings
- Managing taxonomies and online databases
- Managing multiple sites off one installation
- Opportunity for Q+A
Dedicated sessions can also be provided for:
- Configuring content workflow rules
- Using data migration tools (requires a some knowledge of HTML)
Please email moc.epirtsrevlis@eninaj to arrange training.
CWP Developer Essentials
SilverStripe Developer Essentials is for developers wanting to build websites on the New Zealand Government Common Web Platform. Please get in touch if you require developer training for other situations.
Next training date TBA, please contact moc.epirtsrevlis@eninaj to register you interest.
|Cost||$1500+GST per person|
Level 7, Tower Building
SilverStripe’s CWP Developer Essentials is a two-day introductory course designed to take developers and give them the skills needed to deliver high-quality SilverStripe websites, with a special focus on the tools provided by CWP:
- Learn best practice approaches from the masters of the product
- More effective and efficient than self-teaching – get the answers you need straight away
- Two-day opportunity to learn and have your questions answered by one of SilverStripe’s team
The Developer Training programmes are targeted at web developers. Solution architects may also find the content useful.
- Have a moderate familiarity with PHP. We will briefly recap on the basic language structures, but we will not be providing PHP training in the course. If you are not familiar with PHP, we recommend the CodeAcademy tutorials
The training material goes through the process of working with the SilverStripe software stack, building and publishing a basic informational websites, and best practice workflow for deployments on CWP.
- Laptops with development environment supplied
- A tour of the CMS, and the modules available with CWP
- Basic concepts in SilverStripe development
- Getting and installing the SilverStripe software stack using composer
- Creating custom page types and templates
- Creating custom forms and simple back-end functionality
- Customising the CMS
- Creating custom database user-interfaces (with ‘ModelAdmin’ and ‘GridField’)
- Extending core modules
- Setting up custom access rights and creating private content
- Deployments to staging and production with CWP
- Security and Performance Best Practices
To register for developer training:
Please email moc.epirtsrevlis@eninaj with:
- Email address
- Any dietary requirements
- Training Date
- A sentence describing current knowledge of PHP and SilverStripe CMS to date.
- If applicable, a cost code for invoicing. (This can be supplied later, to enable you to reserve a place first.)