Thanks Google! Two weeks from today I'll be going back 19 hours in time, having been invited back to San Francisco for the Google Summer of Code mentor summit. This is all so we can discuss how to improve the extremely generous and very fruitful open source program that Google let us participate in this year. It's awesome to see a strong contingent of fellow New Zealanders coming, including Penny, Geoff and Robert.
It's less than two months since my last visit to Google, where I did an hour long tech-talk (video) and had an awe-inspiring tour of the Google campus, so I look forward to meeting up with the same great people (and the free food!)
For those around San Francisco during my stay of Tuesday 2nd - Sunday 14th October, holler out to track me down, or come find me at...
- Tues 2nd: Silicon Valley NewTech meetup (I presented there 2 months ago)
- Wed 3rd: San Fran NewTech meetup
- Thu 4th & Fri 5th: An Event Apart (put on by Alistapart)
- Sat 6th: Google Summer of Code Mentor Summit
- The following week is packed with stuff! Decisions, decisions. I'll see how I go, but there's a 3-day Facebook conference overlapping a 3-day PHP conference, and a bunch of smaller but just as interesting meetups such as Netsquared (Tues 9th) and the Creative Commons Salon at Shine (Wed 10th).
- Sat 13th: SuperHappyDevHouse, which I went to, and loved, last time.
Post your comment
Comments for this post are now closed.